Final Critical Reflection


Module Learning 
Throughout the CPD II journey, I realised I have learned a lot about communication. I used to think that communication was just about presenting and speaking well, but I understand now that it includes all the verbal, non-verbal cues, tones, expressions as well as how I project myself professionally. The goals I set for myself at the start of the module was to improve my writing and communication skills and learning how to create good relationship with others. 

I believe I have achieved these goals as Brad constantly corrects our sentence structure and grammar during class activities. Furthermore, feedback from my fellow classmates and working with different groups in class has aided in my learning. The soft skills acquired were vital to my development and I am sure it will be useful in the near future.        

Apart from that, I mentioned that one of my weakness is not being confident enough to speak and present to large groups. I believe I have garnered more courage and confidence after I was selected to represent my team for the project pitch. It was a daunting experience as I was really nervous and have never presented solo to so many people before. At the same time, it was a valuable chance as I got to improve on my presentation skills as well as gain more confidence in public speaking. 

Presentation Showcase 
My team was not selected to present at the showcase, however, I really enjoyed myself watching the presentations. The selected teams all had interesting content as well as eye-catching videos. One of the team that stood out the most was Goldheart with their humorous video. It conveyed the essence of their study on how verbal and non-verbal cues can be essential in affecting service delivery. The team also showcased issues on maintaining professionalism, facilitating effective communication and enhancing service excellence. 

I personally felt that all the presenting teams were very confident and well prepared. The presentation slides were also incorporated with many visual aids to capture the audience’s attention. I was really proud of the team representing our class, Happy Tree, for showing professionalism and presenting confidently to the whole cohort. They were even awarded the second prize for their showcase on the spa industry. All in all, I really enjoyed watching the showcase and I believe everyone put in a lot of effort into this. 

Overall, I believe everything I have learned would be relevant for my upcoming IWSP as well as the workforce. This has been the most fun and enjoyable module this trimester and thank you Brad for teaching us and being so accommodating. It has been a pleasure being taught by you!! 

Comments

  1. Thank you, Pei Ling, for this detailed reflection on the module and the showcase. I've appreciated your positive attitude, supporting smiles (speaking of nonverbals!) and hard work throughout the term. It also is good that you feel that you've acheieved the goals you set for yourself at the start of the term.

    Best wishes as you continue your learnng journey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self Introduction Email

Reflection on Interpersonal Communication

Welcome to my Blog!