Critical Reflection on Skills on Wheels


Skills on Wheels is a good platform for students to learn more about communication and enrich their learning through the activities on the portal. I have chosen the modules “Converse with Confidence” and “Build Relationships” as I feel that these 2 modules would allow me to strengthen my interpersonal skills.

The first module “Converse with Confidence” taught me to converse better with others. As mentioned previously, I am not very confident with speaking in public so I hope this would help me to gain more self-awareness and hone my skills on communicating effectively. The module has taught me to be truthful, observe and identify appropriate time to share relevant information as well as the topics we could use for small talks. Additionally, I learned how to manage differences in small group discussions using the 4 Cs. Although the information provided was comprehensive, I did not score full marks for some of the activities but I was able to review the answers and understand where I went wrong with the explanation. As I am in the mice industry, I believe this would be vital in future when I communicate with my clients.

Secondly, the module “Build Relationships” was chosen as I feel that it is crucial to form good working relationships with my colleagues and friends. I have gained more knowledge on how to use the personal level interaction approach: SEED as well as the task level interaction approach: LEARN. Moreover, I was able to make use of the video and the infographics to score full marks on the activities. I believe this is essential as I would be more empathetic to others as well as foster better interaction by reflecting and reviewing team processes.

Overall, I feel that Skills on Wheels has been useful for me in developing better social skills. The interactive videos were interesting and the activities were realistic and easy to understand. It has also allowed me to think critically and understand a different viewpoint. I have also learned how to take a different approach if similar events were to happen in future. With that said, I believe this will benefit me greatly during my IWSP as well as day to day communication when I am able to portray myself professionally.


*Blogs I commented on: 
- Jeanie


Comments

  1. Thanks a million, Pei Ling, for this detailed overview of how your own communication needs align with content in the two modules you studied in Skills on Wheels (SOW). I'm happy to hear so much positive. I only wonder if there was any negative aspect to learning via the online modules?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear PeiLing

    It is really a coincidence. I also wrote about the "Build Relationships" module on my blog. I believe that it would definitely helped us to improve on forming good working relationships with our peers and future colleagues. Other than the above mentioned modules, did you tried any others?

    Thank you for reading this comment. I look forward to your reply.

    Warmest Regards,
    Jeaine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self Introduction Email

Reflection on Interpersonal Communication

Welcome to my Blog!